Maybe it's Spring Fever or maybe I'm managing my time better, but whatever the case I've managed to make more time for stitching lately than I have in a long time. Join me as I catch up on the projects and ideas that have been stitched up!
Out 'o the Bag/Off the Table
- A continuation from my The Threaded Needle project the Baby Quilt using Riley Blake fabrics
- Created the binding tape using Dana's tutorial (How to Make a Quilt) at Old Red Barn Co; I used both the How to Free Motion Quilt and Binding Your Quilt sections; every last bit of the gray polka dot fabric was needed, sewed two sections of three quilt blocks together to add length to remaining fabric and added at the end of each longer strip to help blend in
- The back of the binding is stitched by hand which adds an extra element of handmade
- Quilted "in the ditch" which means stitching along the existing seam lines of the quilt top; I followed every other horizontal row line as well as the border line from the inner pink edge (I opted to not stitch the vertical lines because of some of my blocks not lining up perfectly, this would've created obvious imperfections in the backside of the quilt, too)
|Quilting/Stitching in the Ditch|
|One of the 3-Block sections used to make binding material|
|The quilting lines after washing|
In My Crochet Bag
In My Knitting Bag
Fit 'n Stitchy
|Finished Baby Quilt ready to ship|
In My Ears
- Ditching as much sugar as possible
- Daily stretching
Thanks so much for listening today
and I hope you’ll join me again next time. Feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
, comment here on the blog, reach out on Ravelry in the ShortysSutures Group
, or look me up on Facebook
. And please consider leaving a review on iTunes to help other podcast listeners find us.
Until next time, keep those hands stitchin'!