The podcast began with reminders from the last episode of all the free resources that are available to crocheters everywhere to broaden the total crochet experience!
The Sequoia Shrug is finished!
- Sequoia Shrug pattern on Lionbrand.com
- Sprout organic cotton yarn by Classic Elite (Verde Collection) in Natural and Summer Rain
- Would like to try the same pattern in a lighter weight yarn
Finished the chemo cap, Red Heart pattern with Simply Caron yarn! My apologies but no pictures were taken before I mailed it out.
My question for all of you: Do you ever feel awkward about things you make for friends or family? Are you unsure about your gift or your talents? Please share your thoughts or comments at the end of the post or in the ShortysSutures Ravelry group.
What’s new in my bag?
- Working on top secret Father’s Day Gift for Hubby, The Nook Cover
[caption id="attachment_26" align="alignright" width="300" caption="The Nook Pouch after seaming the sides together."][/caption]
- Using Tunisian Simple and Tunisian Knit Stitches from MBT's class at the DFW Fiber Fest in April 2011
- Frog Tree Meriboo yarn (70% merino wool/30% bamboo, color #45 greenish gray)
- DK Weight/Size 3
- New darning needles with curved tips by Clover
What’s new in my library?
- [amazon_link id="1440209073" target="_blank" ]Go Crochet: Afghan Design Workbook by Ellen Gormley[/amazon_link]
- [amazon_link id="1594742324" target="_blank" ]Creepy Cute Crochet by Christen Haden[/amazon_link]
- [amazon_link id="1564778479" target="_blank" ]Amigurumi World by Ana Paula Rimoli[/amazon_link]
What’s in my ears?
- The Knitmore Girls
- Getting Loopy
- Yarncraft (episode 92-understanding knit/crochet terms)
- Yarn Thing with Marly
What’s new in my stash?
- Churro Wool Yarn & Buffalo Hair Yarn spun by Liane Brown
[caption id="attachment_27" align="alignright" width="300" caption="Hand-wound center-pull ball"][/caption]
New to crochet, or new to trying something new:
- Ball winding technique found at ariadneknits.com Winding a skein into a centre-pull ball (also a group on Ravelry)
- Reminder: Immerse yourself in resources! Podcasts, the ShortysSutures group on Ravelry, Twitter, Facebook
- Check out the Charity Crochet links through the ShortysSutures group discussion thread
To see more pictures that correspond with this episode just click over to my Flikr page.
Thanks so much for joining me and I do hope you’ll join me again next time. Please leave your questions and feedback in the comments section or send me an email at shortyssutures(at)gmail(dot)com. Until then, keep those hands stitchin’!