Today's episode focuses on getting a grip! Join me as I discover forgotten and neglected projects and try to get back on track with finishing what I say I'm going to work on.
Too many things have been in my mental queue, not even counting my Ravelry queue. I've bought supplies, kits and patterns that are patiently waiting in my craft cabinet. It's time to organize the projects and get moving on making them come together.
A couple of weekends ago I made a half-assed attempt at cleaning the craft cabinet up. I felt myself floundering with the task as soon as I tried to get started. I kept telling myself that I didn't have the right supplies; I didn't have a plan; I didn't know what I was doing. So, it was a lost battle before it even began.
I did make a little progress that day, but the cabinet is still an eyesore and a big box of chaos. Last night I decided to pull all of the in-progress projects out of the cabinet and see just what I've tossed aside and forgotten about.
But, before I go into that, I guess I should confess that what led me to this point was not being able to find my highlighter tape. (I needed a new piece since I've work out my the piece I've used as my pattern marker on The Guernsey Wrap project.) I looked through my cabinet three times, dug around in the two active project bags that I've been working from, retraced my steps from when I saw the highlighter tape last, but simply couldn't find the stuff. This was beginning to drive me batty. I couldn't stop wondering what in the world I'd done with it, plus I was mentally taunting myself that if I'd finished reorganizing my supplies I would know exactly where the tape was.
That's how I got to the point of pulling out the projects I've started then tossed aside between episodes. This is what I found:
- Laundry Symbol Cheat Sheet (Embroidery)
- Bonnie Jean Infinity Scarf (Knitting)
- Stirrup Socks Kit from Purl Soho (Knitting)
- Infinity and Beyond Cowl KAL that I wanted to Frog (Knitting)
- Zoom Loom Coasters (Weaving)
- Molly Summer Slippers (Crochet)
- Sharp Crochet Hook (Crochet)
- Glitter Shrug (Crochet)
|Bags from Looped YarnWorks in DC|
|Magnolia Guernsey Wrap|
|Molly Summer Slippers|
|Yarniacs KAL Mesh Scarf|
- Prayers for Amy aka GreenWoman
- Charitable projects in action for Operation Gratitude, Project Linus (made by pbhpbh) and iHeartCraft is teaching middle school kids how to knit scarves and make paracord bracelets to donate to Operation Gratitude! Check out the Shorty'sSutures Group Shared Projects page for all the pictures and details of the Operation Gratitude Scarves I'm making.
- A visit to Looped Yarnworks in DC
- Scarf #3 using Willow Wash in Evergreen
- Molly Summer Slippers
- Professor Blast Off (Live from Portland really cracked me up)
- Nerdist (Rick Moranis)
- Lawless (movie) / The Wettest County in the World (audio book)
- Amazing morning walks (1.7 miles each day = 12 miles per week)
- Walking in DC
- A return to art (drawing, painting)
- Poetry in Yarn Ravelry Group and Fine as Findley Free Crochet Pattern
Until next time, keep those hands stitchin'!