Shorty'sSutures Group News
- Amy aka GreenWoman has been holding her own and keeping her chin up through chemotherapy
- Skill development is in action: Linda and Mary Sarah are learning tatting, Sandra has been learning new crochet stitches and incorporating them into hats and scarves, Bettina is crocheting a garment, Sabrina is learning to knit socks and Pat has been encouraging a bit of crochet sock making
- We have a digital book giveaway! The ever so gracious Heather Ordover of CraftLit and MamaOKnits is providing a digital copy of her newest book Grounded.
Here you can see the abyss that my craft cabinet had become... the left side dedicated to fabric and sewing supplies and the right side crammed with crochet and knitting stuff.
While I was at the Container Store, I found these Small Double Cabinet Shelves that really helped me divide up my yarn. As you can see from the big open space in the middle of the cabinet unit, one large area became divided into three shelves. This really allowed me to sort out my yarn a lot better than what I previously had.
I also found these pasta containers (at the back of the picture) that helped me store my leftover yarn scraps which are all wound into little balls.
Out 'o the Bag
- Mesh Scarf/Yarniacs KAL
- Impromptu Crochet Cowl using scraps of Lion Brand Homespun
In My Crochet Bag
- Operation Gratitude Scarf #3 - Rocking Stitch
- The Guernsey Wrap with Classic Elite Magnolia
- Mom's Cowl in Bijou Basin Ranch Yak and Silk (I inadvertently left out the wrap up of the Fiber Festival where this yarn was purchased, those details will be included in the next episode)
- Grounded by Heather Ordover
- The Moth Story Tellers Series
- A fond farewell to Jane and Jen Knit Funny
- A fond farewell to Zontee & Michelle of Yarncraft (Lion Brand)
- Confessions about previously recommended podcasts
- Found the Easy Folded Poncho through Gayle of the Yarniacs
Until next time, keep those hands stitchin'